Skip to main content

One year

Blog anniversary Today is North Western Winds' one year anniversary. It's been a lot of work and a lot of fun. I've exchanged ideas with some interesting people and learned a lot about both blogging and philosophy. A look back in stats:
  • Depending on which counter service I check with, my unique visitors number about 28,000 or a lot more.
  • Daily visits are close to 150 a day.
  • 677 posts
  • The TTLB has NWW at 381 unique links, and #249 overall. A "Large Mammal."
  • The Blogging Tories TTLB puts NWW at number 11, by links within the community.
  • Canada wide TTLB puts NWW at 14, by links within the community.
I think the blog is working out pretty well. I'm learning, I'm sharing, and it's fun. That said, I feel a need for another break. I took a two week break once before - I think it was in the spring. In any case, I think it did me some good because I came back and did what I think are some good posts. They got some links and sparked some debate. Maybe I'll use some of the down time to look over the past year (I said what??!) and compile a 'top ten' list of posts I'm still pleased with. Speaking of happy posts, do any other bloggers out there spike their own posts? I do from time to time, when I just can't bring it around so that I'm happy with it. I don't do it a lot, but once and a while I feel like I'm not meeting my own standards. Just wondering... Finally, I before I head to the back yard and prop myself up with a cold one, I have one dangling intention that I have not kept (yet). Ashton - I still have your emails and intend to take up your thoughtful commentary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hiatus will be blogged

This hiatus thing isn't going to plan. As I'm reading (books and blogs) I find things I think are interesting, or things I would like an opinion on, and bingo, my hiatus is in a shambles. So, *coughs*, until further notice, I'm blogging again. The main editorial difference that I can see coming from my few weeks away is that I do not expect to resume posting six out of seven days a week. There could be, at any time and without warning, a break of a week or two between posts. Really, I think that is the only way I can start to get some books behind me, and is also inevitable in the summer season when one wants to get out and enjoy it all. Here's a few things that got my attention this past week. Chris Taylor is blogging once again and has recruited an air force for the Red Ensign Brigade. Heh. Dennis Prager asks, Are you a liberal? Anglicans and Catholics are getting closer to reconciling -over the role of Mary in the Christian faith. Quote: A working group c...

Ghost in the machine

In writing up this post I have to mention that I am very impressed with the quality of discussion that one finds on blogs. This truly is a remarkable medium. Thanks go to all three of the bloggers mentioned here for providing such good reading and thinking for the rest of us to try and learn from. I have not had a chance to read all of the entries linked to here, but I do intend to. ***** George Will compares two views of man in his latest column . One is novelist Ian McEwan, who places the following words into the mouth of the leading character in his latest novel, Saturday : Endless and beautiful forms of life, such as you see in a common hedgerow, including exulted beings like ourselves, arose from physical laws, from war or nature, famine and death. This is the grandeur. And a bracing kind of consolation in the brief privilege of consciousness. This character is a neurosurgeon. The quote reminds me that there may be some truth to the observation that those in the biological and...