Skip to main content

Cringe Inducing

This is the meanest, stupidest, most cringe inducing thing I have read in a very long time. Shame, Mr. Morford, Shame. Morford is mortified that people have more children than he thinks is OK. He's also peeved that those who have many children don't agree with him about many things.
Where is, in other words, the funky tattooed intellectual poetess who, along with her genius anarchist husband, is popping out 16 funky progressive intellectually curious fashion-forward pagan offspring to answer the Duggar's squad of über-white future Wal-Mart shoppers? Where is the liberal, spiritualized, pro-sex flip side? Verily I say unto thee, it ain't lookin' good.
I'll tell you where, Mr. Morford. She does not exist. She and her serial husband squad chemically neutralized or aborted their kids so there'd be money for a Bimmer in the garage. So they could have the latest computer. And, yes, so they could have the latest clothes and the latest haircut you nincompoop. Hey, it's a about priorities, right? And, perhaps because they made those prophylactic choices - and choices are all good, aren't they? - they don't need to stop by Wal Mart from time to time, which as we all know, is close to the worst Sin there is. Don't sugarcoat this into enviro twaddle and third world hand wringing. This is about material greed, sexual lust, and a stunningly trendy lifestyle killing your future. But at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you're cool and that you've done your bit to keep on the trend treadmill (wanker!). Whah! Maybe you can force the latina maids to carry your kids in exchange for a green card. There oughta be a law, eh? Feel that progressive love... Mr Morford is self described as a "yoga teacher and fiction writer and an outstanding parallel parker and fervent wine devotee and former smoker and former LA rock-god wannabe" who writes for the SF Gate. You don't say?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hiatus will be blogged

This hiatus thing isn't going to plan. As I'm reading (books and blogs) I find things I think are interesting, or things I would like an opinion on, and bingo, my hiatus is in a shambles. So, *coughs*, until further notice, I'm blogging again. The main editorial difference that I can see coming from my few weeks away is that I do not expect to resume posting six out of seven days a week. There could be, at any time and without warning, a break of a week or two between posts. Really, I think that is the only way I can start to get some books behind me, and is also inevitable in the summer season when one wants to get out and enjoy it all. Here's a few things that got my attention this past week. Chris Taylor is blogging once again and has recruited an air force for the Red Ensign Brigade. Heh. Dennis Prager asks, Are you a liberal? Anglicans and Catholics are getting closer to reconciling -over the role of Mary in the Christian faith. Quote: A working group c...

Ghost in the machine

In writing up this post I have to mention that I am very impressed with the quality of discussion that one finds on blogs. This truly is a remarkable medium. Thanks go to all three of the bloggers mentioned here for providing such good reading and thinking for the rest of us to try and learn from. I have not had a chance to read all of the entries linked to here, but I do intend to. ***** George Will compares two views of man in his latest column . One is novelist Ian McEwan, who places the following words into the mouth of the leading character in his latest novel, Saturday : Endless and beautiful forms of life, such as you see in a common hedgerow, including exulted beings like ourselves, arose from physical laws, from war or nature, famine and death. This is the grandeur. And a bracing kind of consolation in the brief privilege of consciousness. This character is a neurosurgeon. The quote reminds me that there may be some truth to the observation that those in the biological and...