Skip to main content

Turncoat Barbie

It's not my creation but I'm happy to link to... Turncoat Barbie. Maybe I'm not quite finished throwing paint at a backstabbing ******* just yet. Oh, and those 'hypocrite' charges? Everything I've said about Barbie is nothing I haven't quietly kept to myself since about... day one of her leadership campaign. Tell me you've never overlooked faults in someone who professes to be a friend. Yeah, I thought so. I had a big laugh over a headline in The Vancouver Sun today (it's a rag but it's also the biggest paper in the city). Did you know that being critical of the way Barbie handled this affair - the sex part, anyway- makes you a "knuckledragging" so and so? Gaia and 'those who speak for women' have spoken. Orthodoxy is just so... like inefficient and yesterday, man. The most shocking thing is that, apparently, all of the women I spoke to and quoted the other day... they're not women. This reminds me of the whole Condi Rice and Margaret Thatcher 'are not women' schtick. It was schtoopid then and it's schtoopid now. Stop it, please, you are giving ammo to people who really do have sexist and misogynistic views. You don't get a free pass to act like backstabbing doofus just because you are a woman. What about the women Stronach and Martin have trampled on? Let me guess... not women either, right? If the Liberal women's caucus wasn't just as power mad as the rest of the party, they might realize that having Barbie on board is not a good thing for the party, and certainly not a good thing for a woman who wants to be understood as someone with something to say regardless of what her shoes look like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hiatus will be blogged

This hiatus thing isn't going to plan. As I'm reading (books and blogs) I find things I think are interesting, or things I would like an opinion on, and bingo, my hiatus is in a shambles. So, *coughs*, until further notice, I'm blogging again. The main editorial difference that I can see coming from my few weeks away is that I do not expect to resume posting six out of seven days a week. There could be, at any time and without warning, a break of a week or two between posts. Really, I think that is the only way I can start to get some books behind me, and is also inevitable in the summer season when one wants to get out and enjoy it all. Here's a few things that got my attention this past week. Chris Taylor is blogging once again and has recruited an air force for the Red Ensign Brigade. Heh. Dennis Prager asks, Are you a liberal? Anglicans and Catholics are getting closer to reconciling -over the role of Mary in the Christian faith. Quote: A working group c...

Ghost in the machine

In writing up this post I have to mention that I am very impressed with the quality of discussion that one finds on blogs. This truly is a remarkable medium. Thanks go to all three of the bloggers mentioned here for providing such good reading and thinking for the rest of us to try and learn from. I have not had a chance to read all of the entries linked to here, but I do intend to. ***** George Will compares two views of man in his latest column . One is novelist Ian McEwan, who places the following words into the mouth of the leading character in his latest novel, Saturday : Endless and beautiful forms of life, such as you see in a common hedgerow, including exulted beings like ourselves, arose from physical laws, from war or nature, famine and death. This is the grandeur. And a bracing kind of consolation in the brief privilege of consciousness. This character is a neurosurgeon. The quote reminds me that there may be some truth to the observation that those in the biological and...