Skip to main content

iTunes

I decided earlier this week to join the 21st century, music wise, and signed up with iTunes. I quickly grabbed a couple of singles - including Corb Lund's hilarious "The Truck got Stuck". Today I grabbed my first full album, Steve Earle, The Millenium Collection. I'm not a complete redneck music wise (although I confess to loving country - rockabilly my whole life) as I also have a single from Yo Yo Ma. It's from his Appalachian Journey, but it's absolutely beautiful. Nothing redneck about it at all... terrific example of the kind of fusion that lots of musicians are doing, often with less success than this. I'm sure my hyms and classical section will swell soon enough, with Advent and Christmas on the way. Are there any downsides to Apple's music service? Is there a better service out there and if so, why and how is it better? Speaking of Advent, which starts tomorrow, there are people around me who have had their Christmas lights and a fully decorated tree up since November the 18th. Any comments I could make on this would be less than kind.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hiya ##NAME##, just thought I'd say great post titled ##TITLE##. I'm looking for ##LINK## and I ended up here accidentally but I will make sure I return soon. Looking for in addition will keep me busy for a few hours.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hiatus will be blogged

This hiatus thing isn't going to plan. As I'm reading (books and blogs) I find things I think are interesting, or things I would like an opinion on, and bingo, my hiatus is in a shambles. So, *coughs*, until further notice, I'm blogging again. The main editorial difference that I can see coming from my few weeks away is that I do not expect to resume posting six out of seven days a week. There could be, at any time and without warning, a break of a week or two between posts. Really, I think that is the only way I can start to get some books behind me, and is also inevitable in the summer season when one wants to get out and enjoy it all. Here's a few things that got my attention this past week. Chris Taylor is blogging once again and has recruited an air force for the Red Ensign Brigade. Heh. Dennis Prager asks, Are you a liberal? Anglicans and Catholics are getting closer to reconciling -over the role of Mary in the Christian faith. Quote: A working group c...

Ghost in the machine

In writing up this post I have to mention that I am very impressed with the quality of discussion that one finds on blogs. This truly is a remarkable medium. Thanks go to all three of the bloggers mentioned here for providing such good reading and thinking for the rest of us to try and learn from. I have not had a chance to read all of the entries linked to here, but I do intend to. ***** George Will compares two views of man in his latest column . One is novelist Ian McEwan, who places the following words into the mouth of the leading character in his latest novel, Saturday : Endless and beautiful forms of life, such as you see in a common hedgerow, including exulted beings like ourselves, arose from physical laws, from war or nature, famine and death. This is the grandeur. And a bracing kind of consolation in the brief privilege of consciousness. This character is a neurosurgeon. The quote reminds me that there may be some truth to the observation that those in the biological and...