Skip to main content

Links!

Marriage makes us happy. Economists prove it. Jason Kenny was right. About Libby Davies. What is it about hard core lefties that makes them mutilate their identities for their ideals? See also here. The whole thing reminds me of something I had forgotten. Oceana has always been at war with Eurasia:
At this moment, for example, in 1984 (if it was 1984), Oceania was at war with Eurasia and in alliance with Eastasia. In no public or private utterance was it ever admitted that the three powers had at any time been grouped along different lines. Actually, as Winston well knew, it was only four years since Oceania had been at war with Eastasia and in alliance with Eurasia. But that was merely a piece of furtive knowledge which he happened to possess because his memory was not satisfactorily under control. Officially the change of partners had never happened. Oceania was at war with Eurasia: therefore Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia. The enemy of the moment always represented absolute evil, and it followed that any past or future agreement with him was impossible.
From George Orwell's 1984, chapter three. Tip: Rempelia Prime. This blogger seems to have Prince Charles pegged. What kind of a monarchy creates it's own church in order to marry willy nilly and then still manages to find a way to get married that the monachy's personal church can't accept. So now we have the head of the Anglican church intending to marry outside the said church. Methinks Anglicanism lost it's reason d'etre long ago and we are seeing the death rattle. I'm sorry if that offends anyone. I like quite a bit about Anglicans but they do give me the impression of being lost right about now. To my eyes either the relationship between the Anglican church and the monarchy needs to be severed or Charles needs to abdicate. I think option two is more romantic. Francis Poretto has a new addition to his Convergence of the Death Cult series. Embryonic stem cells? We don't need any steenking embryonic stem cells! Speaking of Death Cults, this story seems to refute the notion that killing the ill is about helping the ill. It's about helping onlookers who don't want to look. Or pay, I suspect. Speaking about life issues, I'm pleased to see so many Canadian bloggers of late voicing opposition to Canada's lack of any restrictions on abortion. Here's one, for example. I've seen others though I can't remember where exactly. Even Ben has moved slightly away from his no holds barred approach. I really hope everyone remembers next time the Libs start howling at the moon when anyone dares to even make a distinction between "Canadian's wishes" and "Liberal policy." They're doing it again in the SSM debate in parliament today. Kudos to Stephen Harper for calling PM the PM on it. Harper looked very good in the house today, while Martin staggered, mumbled and slurred. Drunk with passion, maybe. I've never really doubted that I'm a member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy (VRWC). Not for a very long time anyway. So this just confirms what I already know. Finally, from Bound by Gravity, we have Babulican's Ultimate Dismissal Chart. For those not in the know, Babs is a prolific commenter on many Canadian blogs. If we all print this out and tape it to the side of our monitors we can save ourselves many keystrokes in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reuters joins CNN on the bench

Makes room for CanWest to join the majors Kudos to CanWest for calling a terrorist a terrorist . Many, including The Last Amazon , will be happy to hear it. Reuters is among the worst of the major western news services, where I would also place the BBC and the CBC. Unsurprisingly, Reuters is not happy about the changes CanWest made to Reuters wire stories: Our editorial policy is that we don't use emotive words when labeling someone," said David A. Schlesinger, Reuters' global managing editor. "Any paper can change copy and do whatever they want. But if a paper wants to change our copy that way, we would be more comfortable if they remove the byline." Mr. Schlesinger said he was concerned that changes like those made at CanWest could lead to "confusion" about what Reuters is reporting and possibly endanger its reporters in volatile areas or situations. "My goal is to protect

Where credit is due

A good'un from Sawyer Brown . Thank God for You Well I've been called a self-made man Girl don't you believe it's true I know exactly how lucky I am When I'm gettin' this close to you It's high time I'm giving some praise To those that got me where I am today Chorus I got to thank momma for the cookin' Daddy for the whuppin' The devil for the trouble that I get into I got to give credit where credit is due I thank the bank for the money Thank God for you A strong heart and a willing hand That's the secret to my success A good woman - I try to be a good man A good job - Lord I know I've been blessed I'm just a part of a greater plan It doesn't matter which part I am Chorus I got to thank momma for the teachin' Daddy for the preachin' The devil for the trouble that I get into I got to give credit where credit is due I thank the bank for the money Thank God for you

A very limited form of inquiry

Real Clear Politics is carrying commentary on James Q. Wilson's WSJ article on ID (got that?). Wilson, the respected social scientist, gets it mostly right when he says that ID is not science because it can't be tested: So ID is not science. Does this mean that science, in any way, implies the non-existence of God? No. Does this mean that belief in God is irrational and that we should all be "free thinkers"? No. Does this mean that it is impossible to arbitrate between various theories of the existence/non-existence of God and come to some reasonable conclusions? No. Does this mean that we cannot say that humanity is meant to exist? No. In other words, rationality outside of science is quite possible, and has been around for a long time. How do you think humanity invented science in the first place? We surely did not do it scientifically. Science as we know it is the product of millennia of philosophical debate -- from Aristotle to Lakatos. Science depends upon phi