Skip to main content

Forever and ever

Randy Travis is a terrific singer and this is an old favourite.
Forever and ever, Amen You may think that I'm talking foolish You've heard that I'm wild & I'm free You may wonder how I can promise you now This love that I'm feeling for you always will be You're not just time that I'm killing I'm no longer one of those guys As sure as I live this love that I give Is gonna be yours until the day that I die -- Oh baby Chorus: I'm gonna love you forever, forever & ever amen As long as old men sit & talk about the weather As long as old women sit & talk about old men If you wonder how long I'll be faithfull I'll be happy to tell you again I'm gonna love you forever & ever, forever & ever Amen They say that time takes it's toll on a body Makes the young girls brown hair turn grey But honey, I don't care, I ain't in love with your hair And if it all fell out well I'd love you anyway They say time can play tricks on a memory Make people forget things they knew But it's easy to see it's happening to me I've already forgotten every woman but you --- Oh darlin' I'm gonna love you forever, forever & ever amen As long as old men sit & talk about the weather As long as old women sit & talk about old men If you wonder how long I'll be faithfull I'll be happy to tell you again I'm gonna love you forever & ever, forever & ever Amen Just listen to how this song ends I'm gonna love you forever & ever forever & ever Forever & ever Forever & ever Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hiatus will be blogged

This hiatus thing isn't going to plan. As I'm reading (books and blogs) I find things I think are interesting, or things I would like an opinion on, and bingo, my hiatus is in a shambles. So, *coughs*, until further notice, I'm blogging again. The main editorial difference that I can see coming from my few weeks away is that I do not expect to resume posting six out of seven days a week. There could be, at any time and without warning, a break of a week or two between posts. Really, I think that is the only way I can start to get some books behind me, and is also inevitable in the summer season when one wants to get out and enjoy it all. Here's a few things that got my attention this past week. Chris Taylor is blogging once again and has recruited an air force for the Red Ensign Brigade. Heh. Dennis Prager asks, Are you a liberal? Anglicans and Catholics are getting closer to reconciling -over the role of Mary in the Christian faith. Quote: A working group c...

Ghost in the machine

In writing up this post I have to mention that I am very impressed with the quality of discussion that one finds on blogs. This truly is a remarkable medium. Thanks go to all three of the bloggers mentioned here for providing such good reading and thinking for the rest of us to try and learn from. I have not had a chance to read all of the entries linked to here, but I do intend to. ***** George Will compares two views of man in his latest column . One is novelist Ian McEwan, who places the following words into the mouth of the leading character in his latest novel, Saturday : Endless and beautiful forms of life, such as you see in a common hedgerow, including exulted beings like ourselves, arose from physical laws, from war or nature, famine and death. This is the grandeur. And a bracing kind of consolation in the brief privilege of consciousness. This character is a neurosurgeon. The quote reminds me that there may be some truth to the observation that those in the biological and...